Southwest Turkey Nachos
Servings 6 people
- 6 ounces corn tortilla chips
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spread tortilla chips in an even layer on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onion, bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic and sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add ground turkey and cook, breaking up, until turkey is cooked through; drain excess liquid. Season with salt, cumin and chili powder. Add Rotel and black beans and mix until combined. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Spread turkey mixture over chips in prepared pan. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from oven and top with green onion before serving.
MFP: MFF Southwest Turkey Nachos
Serving: 6.9ounces | Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.6g | Protein: 23.4g | Fat: 16.9g