Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup green onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in garlic and lemon zest and cook for an additional minute, stirring continuously. Continue stirring and add rice, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetable broth and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, then cover pan and reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer for 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork before serving.
MFP: MFF Lemon Rice
Serving: 2.8ounces | Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.5g | Protein: 2.6g | Fat: 2.1g