Ham & Egg Breakfast Braid
Servings 6 people
- 1 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 5 ounces sliced Canadian bacon
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine self rising flour and Greek yogurt until a thick dough forms. Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle (approximately 10’”x14”). If too sticky to roll out, knead in a little extra flour.
- Place Canadian bacon in a row down the center of the dough, leaving 2-3 inches of dough on each side.
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites then pour into a skillet, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, over medium-low heat. Continue until all eggs are cooked, then spread scrambled eggs down the center of the braid over Canadian bacon and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Reserve 1 Tablespoon of shredded cheese for topping, then sprinkle remaining cheese on top of eggs.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut 1-inch diagonal strips down each side of the dough. Fold 1-inch strips up and over the filling, alternating sides to create a braid.
- Brush melted butter on the top and sides of the braid and sprinkle reserved cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven, let rest for a few minutes then cut into slices before serving.
MFP: MFF Ham and Egg Breakfast Braid
Serving: 7.4ounces | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.2g | Protein: 22.6g | Fat: 11.9g