Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Servings 6 people
- 6 red bell peppers
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds 99/1 extra lean ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Chiles, drained
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the top and core from each pepper and place in a 9x13- inch baking dish; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onion and garlic to the skillet, cook and break up turkey for 6-8 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
- Season with cumin, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir in Rotel, cheese and bread crumbs until well combined and remove from heat.
- Divide mixture evenly between peppers, pressing filling down firmly in each pepper. Sprinkle paprika on top of the stuffed peppers.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
MFP: MFF Ground Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving: 1stuffed pepper | Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.6g | Protein: 47.6g | Fat: 11.7g