Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Servings 6 people
- 1 (16 ounce) package Barilla Protein+ Penne Pasta
- 1 pound cooked diced chicken
- 8 ounces cooked diced ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13- inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked pasta, chicken, ham, swiss cheese and parmesan cheese; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Mix in flour and cook for an additional 1- 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and cook for 3 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat and mix in milk, yogurt, garlic powder, salt, lemon juice and dijon mustard until well combined.
- Add pasta mixture to yogurt mixture, mix until combined and spread in an even layer in prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and breadcrumbs and sprinkle on top. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
MFP: Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Serving: 11.5ounces | Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 54.3g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 16.8g