Cajun Chicken Pasta
Servings 8 people
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low-fat 1% milk
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat. Coat chicken breasts in seasoning and place in preheated skillet, cooking for 5- 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Melt in butter in the same skillet and add garlic and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute. Mix in flour and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until it turns light golden brown.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth, milk, lemon zest, parmesan, salt and pepper then cook, stirring continuously, for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, add pasta and toss until evenly coated in sauce. Slice chicken and place on top of pasta and garnish with diced tomatoes and parsley.
MFP: MFF Cajun Chicken Pasta
Serving: 10.1ounces | Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 58.5g | Protein: 26.8g | Fat: 10.2g