Servings 6 bread bowls
- 2 Tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 1/4 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon low-fat 1% milk
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine yeast, warm water and sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes. Add the salt, olive oil and bread flour then mix until combined.
- Gradually mix in Kodiak Cakes until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Remove dough from the bowl, spray the bowl with nonstick cooking spray and place the dough back in the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 90 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Once doubled in size, punch the dough down to release air bubbles and place on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 6 even pieces (8.3 ounces each) and form into a large ball.
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Place dough on baking sheet and cover with a clean dish cloth. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk, then brush onto the tops and sides of each bread bowl. Use a sharp knife to score an X in the top of each bowl. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serving size: 1 bread bowl
MFP: MFF Bread Bowls
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 70.6g | Protein: 20.8g | Fat: 7g