Pesto Stuffed Chicken
Servings 6 people
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 Tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 teaspoons basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs in a small bowl; set aside. Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit in one side of each chicken breast to create a pocket. Stuff each chicken breast with 1 Tablespoon mozzarella cheese and 1 teaspoon pesto.
- Dip each stuffed chicken breast in egg wash, roll in crumb mixture and place in prepared pan. Spray the tops of chicken with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through (or reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
MFP: MFF Pesto Stuffed Chicken March 2022
Serving: 5.7ounces | Calories: 285kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.9g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 9.5g