Servings 6 people
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 3/4 cups self rising flour
- 1 pound 92% lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Optional toppings: fat-free sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, salsa, shredded cheese, etc. Optional toppings:fat-free sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, salsa, shredded cheese, etc. not included in nutrition information.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine yogurt and flour until a thick dough forms. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface and divide into 6 equal pieces (weighing approx. 3.4 ounces each). Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a circle, approximately 6-inches in diameter.
- Place flattened dough in hot oil and cook until lightly golden brown on each side. Use tongs to remove fried dough from the oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Add ground beef and diced onion to a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook, breaking up, until browned and onion is tender. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Divide beef evenly (2.2 ounces each) between pieces of fry bread and top with your favorite toppings (not included in nutritional information).
MFP: MFF Navajo Tacos
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 28.9g | Protein: 20.2g | Fat: 15.6g