Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Servings 6 people
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups carrots sliced
- 2 cups celery diced
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 pound cooked chicken diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery and onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Sprinkle flour on top of vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until flour begins to turn golden brown.
- Stir in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add orzo and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add cooked chicken, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and let simmer for a few minutes, until heated through, and serve.
MFP: MFF Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Serving: 12.1ounces | Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 46.1g | Protein: 30.9g | Fat: 11.2g