Servings 6 people
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and break up the meat and cook until browned.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, crushed red pepper and ground ginger. Pour the sauce over the beef, cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together water and cornstarch then mix in with beef. Let simmer for 2-3 more minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice, if desired (not included in nutrition information).
MFP: MFF Korean Beef December 2020
Serving: 4.3 ounces | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.1g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 11.1g