Ground Beef Enchilada Casserole
Servings 6 people
- 1 1/2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups mild red enchilada sauce
- 12 Mission Extra Thin Corn Tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8×11-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Add ground beef and onion to a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 6-8 minutes, breaking up meat, until meat is cooked through and onion is tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Drain excess grease.
- Return skillet to heat and add taco seasoning, salt, pepper, beans and stir to combine.
- Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of prepared pan. Top with a layer of 4 tortillas, 1/3 meat mixture and 2/3 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers two more times.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.
MFP: MFF Ground Beef Enchilada Casserole
Serving: 10ounces | Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 36.6g | Protein: 37.9g | Fat: 20.7g