Creamy Turkey & Shells
Servings 6 people
- 16 ounces uncooked large pasta shells
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add turkey and onion to the pot and cook, breaking up meat, until turkey is cooked through and onion is tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Mix in Italian seasoning, paprika, dried mustard and flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt and cheese until heated through and cheese is melted. Add cooked pasta and mix until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
MFP: MFF Creamy Turkey and Shells March 2022
Serving: 12.5ounces | Calories: 524kcal | Carbohydrates: 64.8g | Protein: 31.3g | Fat: 15.5g