Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta
Servings 6 people
- 1 (14.5 ounce) pkg. Barilla Protein+ Spaghetti
- 4 Tablespoons butter divided
- 2 pounds cooked, tail-off shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons garlic minced
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 Tablespoons butter to the skillet then whisk in garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in flour and cook for an additional minute then slowly whisk in chicken broth and milk until well combined. Let cook for 5 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- Season sauce with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper then stir in cooked pasta, parmesan cheese and cooked shrimp. Toss to evenly coat and garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
MFP: MFF Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta March 2022
Serving: 10.2ounces | Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 42.7g | Protein: 41.3g | Fat: 9.2g