Creamy Chicken and Spinach Lasagna
Servings 8 people
Spinach Cream Sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella divided
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken diced
- 10 oven ready lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and sauté onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until onion is tender. Sprinkle flour on top and whisk together until flour begins to turn golden brown.
- Mix in chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper and cook, stirring continuously, for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Add spinach and mix until well combined; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, 2 cups shredded mozzarella, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of spinach cream sauce on the bottom of the pan (about 1⁄2 cup), top with 5 lasagna noodles, 1⁄2 the ricotta mixture, 1⁄2 the chicken, 1⁄3 the spinach sauce. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 1⁄3 of the spinach sauce and 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
MFP: MFF Creamy Chicken and Spinach Lasagna April 2021
Serving: 10.2ounces | Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.8g | Protein: 40.6g | Fat: 21.5g