Chicken Zucchini Casserole
Servings 6 people
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs divided
- 1 pound cooked chicken diced
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add onion and sauté for a few minutes until tender. Mix in flour and season with salt, pepper, and onion powder then cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk and cook for 3 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat and mix in sour cream and 3⁄4 cup bread crumbs until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cream sauce, chicken and zucchini until evenly coated and spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining 1⁄4 cup bread crumbs on top and spray generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 50 minutes then turn oven to high broil and cook an additional 1-2 minutes or until golden brown on top.
MFP: MFF Chicken Zucchini Casserole September 2021
Serving: 11.4ounces | Calories: 279kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.6g | Protein: 23.4g | Fat: 10.1g