Chicken Tortellini Tomato Soup
Servings 8 people
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 14.5 ounce cans petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes undrained
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 9 ounce pkg. Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 pound cooked chicken diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium- high heat. Add onion and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and Italian seasoning and mix until combined. Let cook for 5 minutes, then mix in chicken stock and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tortellini to the pot and cook for 6-7 minutes, or until soft.
- Add parmesan, milk, greek yogurt, spinach and cooked chicken; mix until combined. Cook for a few minutes until heated through and spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
MFP: MFF Chicken Tomato Tortellini Soup
Serving: 17.2ounces | Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 42.7g | Protein: 30.9g | Fat: 11.5g