Chicken Cheddar Broccoli Soup
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup low-fat 1% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 10 ounces raw broccoli florets
- 1 pound cooked chicken diced
- 2 cups reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add minced garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Whisk in flour and cook for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Reduce heat to low then add chicken stock and milk and stir to combine. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Let cook for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add broccoli and chicken and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Mix in cheddar cheese and parmesan cheese until melted and combined then remove from heat and serve.
MFP: MFF Chicken Cheddar Broccoli Soup October 2021
Serving: 11.5ounces | Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.8g | Protein: 32.5g | Fat: 18.2g