Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound (92/8) lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat. Add ground beef, onion and garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes, breaking up the meat, until browned; drain excess grease.
- Sprinkle cornstarch, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and salt over the beef and mix to combine. Stir in milk, beef broth and tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked pasta and reduce heat to low heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed and pasta is tender.
- Mix in cheddar cheese and yogurt until well combined and heat through for a few minutes before serving.
MFP: MFF Cheeseburger Macaroni March 2021
Serving: 10.4ounces | Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 52.5g | Protein: 26.2g | Fat: 10g