Cauliflower Au Gratin
Servings 6 people
- 2 pounds cauliflower florets
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-fat 1% milk
- 6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8×10- inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Add cauliflower to a pot of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes or until barely tender; drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook for one minute. Whisk in milk until smooth and cook for a few minutes until sauce has thickened. Add Swiss cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg and stir until cheese is completely melted.
- Toss cauliflower in cheese sauce then spread in prepared baking dish. Top with panko bread crumbs and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30 minutes then turn oven to high broil and broil for 1-2 minutes, until breadcrumbs are golden brown on top.
MFP: MFF Cauliflower Au Gratin
Serving: 8.1ounces | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 20.4g | Protein: 14.9g | Fat: 14.1g