Braided Chicken and Mushroom Loaf
Servings 6 people
- 1 3/4 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) pkg. 1⁄3 less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked chicken diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms drained
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine self rising flour and Greek yogurt until a thick dough forms. Roll dough out onto a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle (approximately 10”x14”).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together softened cream cheese and Greek yogurt until smooth. Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, chicken and mushrooms and mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture down the center of the dough, leaving 2-3 inches of dough on each side. Use a pizza cutter to cut 1-inch diagonal strips down each side of the dough. Fold 1- inch strips up and over the filling, alternating sides to create a braid.
- Brush egg over the top and sides of the loaf, then sprinkle parmesan cheese and fresh parsley on top. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let rest for a few minutes then cut into slices and serve.
MFP: MFF Braided Chicken and Mushroom Loaf April 2021
Serving: 7.9ounces | Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.5g | Protein: 28.4g | Fat: 10g