Beef and Potato Foil Dinners
Servings 6 people
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes sliced
- 6 ounces yellow onion sliced
- 12 ounces carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Cut six sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil (approx. 12”x18”) and spray with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. If cooking in the oven, preheat to 375 degrees F.
- Divide potatoes (5.3 ounces each), onion (1 ounce each) and carrots (2 ounces each) evenly between foil.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Divide into 6 patties (approx. 5.1 ounces each) and place on top of vegetables.
- Top each patty with 1/2 Tablespoon of butter and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Fold over and seal each packet.
- Place packets on a large baking sheet(s) and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Open packets carefully as they will release steam.
If cooking in a campfire, place on hot coals for the fire for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. You can also cook on a grill at medium heat for 45 minutes. MFP: MFF Beef and Potato Foil Dinners July 2022
Serving: 10.8ounces | Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 38.9g | Protein: 35.6g | Fat: 16.7g